Manchester UMC: COVID-19 Response
As all of our communities seek to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Manchester United Methodist Church is committed to following best practices to care for the health of those in our community. We will follow the direction of the state and county health departments and the guidance of the Michigan Area Bishop while striving to create a safe environment for all.
Following new guidance issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, we have set the attendance limit for the fellowship hall (Hoffer Hall) to 40 individuals and resumed our regular office hours.
We haved resumed indoor in-person worship as of April 18th. Full details about the precautions we will follow for our indoor in-person services are detailed below. Even after resuming in-person attendance, we will continue offering our live-stream worship each Sunday at 10:30am.
We are continuing to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and are committed to adapting our response as necessary, stewarding the shared health of our community while also working to ensure the full accessibility of our worship. Thank you for your support, flexibility, and encouragement as we continue to be the church in these unusual times!
Online Worship & Virtual Coffee Hour
We are streaming a live worship service Sundays at 10:30am on our YouTube channel with a virtual coffee hour to follow. Each service includes familiar hymns, prayer requests, a scripture reading, and a sermon. Previously streamed worship services can be watched in their entirety here. Join our email list to receive the weekly bulletin with details and the link for virtual coffee hour.
As an alternative to our live streamed services, we are offering weekly at-home worship guides as a way to worship with those in your household. The at-home worship guides are available here on our website and are mailed to congregants with no internet access.
In-Person Meeting Precautions
Groups of fewer than 40 meeting in-person are asked to adhere to the following precautions:
- Pre-screening Questions: use the questions posted in the building and on our website to determine whether or not to attend in-person.
- Masks: we ask that all unvaccinated participants wear masks and will provide a number of cloth masks for those who arrive without one; accommodations will be made for individuals unable to wear a mask.
- Physical Distancing: we ask that all participants maintain a distance of six feet from those outside their household at all times while in the building.
- No Food/Beverages: there will not be food or beverages provided or shared but individuals may bring their own.
- Cleaning: we ask that table and chair surfaces be wiped down at the end of the gathering and will schedule meetings to allow for thorough cleaning between building use.
- Contact Tracing: meetings hosts will record attendance by name to track viral transmission as necessary.
We gather for worship every Sunday at 10:30am with an attendance limit of 40 people. Recent trends in public health data indicate that we can now safely gather indoors while adhering to best practices intended to protect our shared health. These precautions will include:
- Masks: in accordance with all in-person activities at the church, masks are required for unvaccinated persons at all times while in the church building.
- Attendance Limit: to best maintain physical distancing, attendance will be limited to 40 persons and participants will be asked to sign in with contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- Physical Distancing: pews will be marked so everyone may maintain a distance of six feet from those outside of their household while in the church building.
- Hand Sanitizer: everyone is asked to use the hand sanitizer provided at each entrance when entering the church building.