Manchester UMC: COVID-19 Response
As all of our communities seek to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Manchester United Methodist Church is committed to following best practices to care for the health of those in our community. In accordance with direction from the Governor and following the guidance of the Michigan Area Bishop, the Manchester United Methodist Church building is closed and all in-person gatherings have been cancelled through at least May 28. During this time, we are continuing to be engaged in ministry through alternative methods listed below!
We are streaming a live worship service Sundays at 10:30am on our YouTube channel. Each service includes familiar hymns, prayer requests, a scripture reading, and a sermon. Join us from your living room without any need to change out of your pajamas! Previously streamed worship services can be watched in their entirety here.
As an alternative to our live streamed services, we are offering weekly at-home worship guides as a way to worship with those in your household. The at-home worship guides are available here on our website and are mailed to congregants with no internet access.
Virtual Coffee Hour
To provide for continued connection while we are physically separated, we have a virtual coffee hour over Zoom for about an hour following Sunday’s live streamed worship. Join our email list to receive the weekly bulletin with instructions on how to join!
Wednesday Bible Study
Taking the place of other in-person studies, Pastor Dillon is offering a weekly dive into the Psalms on Wednesdays at 6pm over Zoom. Join our email list and look for instructions on how to join in our weekly Wednesday email!
- The United Methodist Women’s annual Salad Smorgasbord has been cancelled for 2020.
- We will host the Red Cross blood drive on May 4th as scheduled taking precautions to limit the number of persons in the building, wearing masks, and sanitizing frequently used surfaces (e.g. door handles).
- In accordance with the Governor’s updated order, AA will be allowed to meet with no more than 10 people in attendance. All tables and chairs will be wiped down after their use.
- Regularly scheduled committee meetings will either be cancelled or held over video chat with details shared by email to committee members.
Outreach & Ministry
- Our blessing box is still out and active! If you need something to eat or can help keep us stocked with food to share, visit the blessing box right next to our parking lot entrance. (Reminder: please only leave unopened, non-perishable items that have not expired. Thank you!)
- We’re going shopping! If you need someone to pick up your groceries or can volunteer to shop for someone else, contact us to let us know.
- We’re collecting masks and other personal protective equipment! If you’re sewing masks or have other supplies to donate, we can help donate them to local hospitals and medical centers. Contact us for donation details.
- Need help in another way? Have a skill to offer? Contact us to let us know.