Manchester UMC: COVID-19 Response
As all of our communities seek to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Manchester United Methodist Church is committed to following best practices to care for the health of those in our community. We will follow the direction of the state and county health departments and the guidance of the Michigan Area Bishop while striving to create a safe environment for all.
We resumed indoor in-person worship as of April 18th and, as of August 22nd, require masks while indoors regardless of vaccination status. Full details about the precautions we will follow for our indoor in-person services are detailed below. Even after resuming in-person attendance, we have and will continue offering our live-stream worship each Sunday at 10:30am.
We are continuing to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and are committed to adapting our response as necessary, stewarding the shared health of our community while also working to ensure the full accessibility of our worship. Thank you for your support, flexibility, and encouragement as we continue to be the church in these unusual times!
In-Person Meeting Precautions
Groups meeting in-person are asked to adhere to the following precautions:
- Pre-screening Questions: use the questions posted in the building and on our website to determine whether or not to attend in-person.
- Masks: we ask that all participants wear mask while indoors regardless of vaccination status and will provide a number of cloth masks for those who arrive without one; accommodations will be made for individuals unable to wear a mask.
- Cleaning: we ask that table and chair surfaces be wiped down at the end of the gathering and will schedule meetings to allow for thorough cleaning between building use.
- Contact Tracing: meetings hosts will record attendance by name to track viral transmission as necessary.
We gather for worship every Sunday at 10:30am! Recent trends in public health data indicate that we can now safely gather indoors while adhering to best practices intended to protect our shared health. These precautions will include:
- Masks: in accordance with all in-person activities at the church, masks are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status at all times while in the church building.
- Hand Sanitizer: everyone is asked to use the hand sanitizer provided at each entrance when entering the church building.
Online Worship & Virtual Coffee Hour
We are streaming a live worship service Sundays at 10:30am on our YouTube channel with a virtual coffee hour to follow. Each service includes familiar hymns, prayer requests, a scripture reading, and a sermon. Previously streamed worship services can be watched in their entirety here. Join our email list to receive the weekly bulletin with details and the link for virtual coffee hour.
With our return to in-person worship, we have seen a decrease in the need for at-home worship guides and so will not be providing new guides after August 22nd. Previous at-home worship guides will remain available here on our website.