Manchester UMC: COVID-19 Response
As all of our communities seek to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Manchester United Methodist Church is committed to following best practices to care for the health of those in our community. We will follow the direction of the state and county health departments and the guidance of the Michigan Area Bishop while striving to create a safe environment for all.
We have resumed indoor in-person worship and, as of May 29th, strongly encourage masks throughout the building and require them in the sanctuary for worship. See full details on our updated precaution strategy and its relation to the CDC community levels in our most recent update here. In addition to in-person worship, we also live-stream worship each Sunday at 10:30am!
We are continuing to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and are committed to adapting our response as necessary, stewarding the shared health of our community while also working to ensure the full accessibility of our worship. Thank you for your support, flexibility, and encouragement as we continue to be the church in these unusual times!
In-Person Meeting Precautions
Groups meeting in-person are asked to adhere to the following precautions:
- Pre-screening Questions: use the questions posted in the building and on our website to determine whether or not to attend in-person.
- Masks: universal masking is not currently required except in the sanctuary for worship; we will continue to follow public health indicators and may again require masks as needed.
- Cleaning: we will continue adhering to best practices regarding cleaning the building between uses and will continue to provide supplies for groups and individuals to clean shared surfaces as needed.
We gather for worship every Sunday at 10:30am! Recent trends in public health data indicate that we can now safely gather indoors while adhering to best practices intended to protect our shared health. These precautions will include:
- Masks: at this time, masks are still required when in the sanctuary for worship to ensure that our worship environment is as safe as possible for even those most vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Hand Sanitizer: hand sanitizer is provided in each pew.
Online Worship & Virtual Coffee Hour
We are streaming a live worship service Sundays at 10:30am on our YouTube channel with a virtual coffee hour to follow. Each service includes familiar hymns, prayer requests, a scripture reading, and a sermon. Previously streamed worship services can be watched in their entirety here. Join our email list to receive the weekly bulletin with details and the link for virtual coffee hour.
With our return to in-person worship, we have seen a decrease in the need for at-home worship guides and so will not be providing new guides after August 22nd. Previous at-home worship guides will remain available here on our website.